ASPIDA Odysseus All Season Touring System
Part of the first TRUE All-Season Touring System in India, the Odysseus touring jacket brims with features that eases long-distance riding without breaking a sweat. This multi-functional jacket makes it possible to embark on journeys to unusual terrains blighted by sudden weather fluctuations. Its clever ventilation system combined with comforting coziness paves way for unlimited thrills both on and off-road!
Chest Armour: (Click the Image to buy)
- First TRUE All-Season touring jacket in India.
- Abrasion-resistant AeroMID® fabric for maximum ventilation. The finest technical mesh in the world.
- Heavy Duty Ballistic Duracor™ 800D fabric chassis. One of the best abrasion resistant materials in its class.
- C.E. Certified EN 1621-1-2012 Level 2 (T+ T- rated, Type B) elbows and shoulders. [ASPIDA Standard]
- C.E. Certified EN 1621-2-2014 Level 2 Full Coverage Back protector. The full sized back armour covers the entire back for maximum protection. [ASPIDA Standard]
- Specially padded armour pockets for extra snug fit and premium comfort. [ASPIDA Standard]
- All armors are removable for easy washing of the jacket.
- Night Vision™ printed reflective for maximum visibility at night.
- Internal waterproof pocket. [ASPIDA Standard]
- Keep your valuables dry in all weather conditions.
- Two microfibers lined hand warmer tour-style pockets in front. Keep your hands cozy on those freezing days. [ASPIDA Standard]
- Detachable Polar Fleece thermal vest for protection from the colder temperatures.[ASPIDA Standard] This vest is designed to be worn as a separate garment when you reach your destination, so you can pack less!
- Comes with a separate hi-viz rain jacket with printed reflectors that can be used independently. [ASPIDA Standard]
- Utility pocket at the rear to carry the rain jacket with you at all times.
- Connection zipper for riding pants – connect to your matching ASPIDA riding pants. [ASPIDA Standard]
- Soft collar with soft waterproof leather finish around the edge and padding at the chin for added comfort. [ASPIDA Standard]
- Soft Leather trimmed wrist-cuffs to prevent chafing during all-day use. [ASPIDA Standard]
I bought this jacket for a cross country ride we were doing as group to spanning across 5 days and 3000 kilometres. Looking at the AccuWeather app I instantly knew that the climatic conditions would vary anywhere from -5 to +32 degrees. Then started a wild goose chase in the market for all weather touring jackets. Up came the recommendations from friends for Klim, Dainese, Revit, Scott and what not, thanks to WhatsApp! Price was also one of the criteria other than just functionality I was looking at.
I own an alpinestar jacket for almost 4 years now which has served me well over all weather conditions and on all International trips (Spain, Norway, Srilanka & Indonesia). So naturally knowing the quality this would be my first choice. However as I was racing against time I had to make a quick decision as I would also have to take into account shipping time as I don't live in India. As usual I took on to YouTube and friends in India who recommended me apparel from Spartan Progear. After thorough search I finally zeroed in on the Odyssesus All weather jacket and placed an order carefully after measuring my size several times comparing it with the online size chart available on the website. A friend was visiting me from India and I got it shipped to Goa from where he was flying. A week later jacket arrived oversees and as expected I had ordered one size smaller as I wear an spine and chest protector always during rides.
I promptly wrote to spartan who told me that as per their company policy only 7 days exchange for window was available but mine being an case of overseas purchase they said they will see what they can do (this is awesome act of kindness). In the meanwhile I had asked few of my friends of they wanted to check out an awesome jacket which i had ordered but in smaller size. Viola....a friend found this as an perfect match and I sold it to him at purchase price.
Ordered my correct size immediately and to my luck another friend was travelling over...